This road sign from the 1930s was once displayed somewhere in Milton Abbas. We do not have a photograph showing this sign – does anyone know where it was?
- Follow Milton Abbas Local History Group, Dorset, UK on WordPress.com
Is £10 per annum for UK only, Oct to Oct.
Please contact us for payment details.
NO MEETINGS IN AUGUST & SEPTEMBER
October 5th 2022
AGM, followed by:
"Milton Abbas Place Names and their Meanings", by Bryan Phillips
- About Us
- AA Road Sign of Milton Abbas
- Luke and John Harrison
- The Drowned Village of Milton Abbas?
- Milton Abbas School?
- The Coffin in the Crypt
- King Athelstan’s Encampment
- St Catherine’s Chapel
- Date of upstairs Range in The Street, Milton Abbas – 1780 or 1820?
- Capability Brown bridge?
- Pubs and Alehouses – where were they between 1770 and 1821?
- St James Church before 1786
- Ironwork of unknown use
- Fast Books
- Gayle, Gail, Gaill, Gale, Gayl or Gaile Money
- Get involved
- Lloyd George Domesday Assessment
- World War I Research
- Jobs to do
- Old Town of Milton/Middleton Project
- Parish Boundary
- Milton Abbey
- Kelly’s Directories
- Field Names
- Family History
- Oral Histories
- Members section
- MEMBERS GARDEN PARTY
- Notes of Meetings
- Old Town Project Group report
- Database of Records
- Milton Abbas Documents
- Milton Abbas Churchwardens Accounts 1638 – 1805
- Milton Abbas in the 1950’s
- Architecture of Milton Abbas
- Duel between Vere, Earl Poulett and Joseph, Lord Milton January 1771
- Early Days at Milton Abbey School
- Milton Abbas Grammar School 400 Years
- Milton Abbas in the 18th Century
- Researching Settlement Examinations
- George Heywood Sumner 1873 – 1940
- A History of Celebrating the Christmas Period
- Peasant Life in Milton Abbas – serfdom and slavery?
- Current Archaeology, Aug 2020
- St James Clock
- Questionnaire Analysis
- Overlay of Woodward 1770 Survey on drone view of Milton Abbas
- List of Printed Documents
- Dorset Brothers at War, Jessica Christian
- Transcription of Old Town Map Details D-919/5
- Transcriptions Churchwardens’ Accounts
- Overseers of the Poor Books
- MALHG Constitution