This road sign from the 1930s was once displayed somewhere in Milton Abbas. We do not have a photograph showing this sign – does anyone know where it was?
- Follow Milton Abbas Local History Group, Dorset, UK on WordPress.com
Is £10 per annum for UK only, Oct to Oct.
Please contact us for payment details.
February 2nd 2022
"Some Milton Abbas Oddities – Part 3", by Chris Fookes
March 2nd 2022
"The Liberty and Manor of Milton Abbas – A Snap Shot of Village Life in 1754", by Bryan Phillips.
"Trew Blood", by Peggy Fifield. A short talk on her research into her background.
April 6th 2022
"Volunteering with the Commonwealth War Graves Commission", by Henry Cole
May 4th 2022
"An Introduction to the Heritage and Early Saxon History of Milton Abbey Historic Church", by
June 1st 2022
"The Story of Lord Milton and the Lake", by Clive Barnes
July 6th 2022
"New Findings on Milton Abbas Grammar School", by Bryan Phillips
NO MEETINGS IN AUGUST & SEPTEMBER
October 5th 2022
AGM, followed by:
"Milton Abbas Place Names and their Meanings", by Bryan Phillips
- About Us
- AA Road Sign of Milton Abbas
- Luke and John Harrison
- The Drowned Village of Milton Abbas?
- Milton Abbas School?
- The Coffin in the Crypt
- King Athelstan’s Encampment
- St Catherine’s Chapel
- Date of upstairs Range in The Street, Milton Abbas – 1780 or 1820?
- Capability Brown bridge?
- Pubs and Alehouses – where were they between 1770 and 1821?
- St James Church before 1786
- Ironwork of unknown use
- Fast Books
- Gayle, Gail, Gaill, Gale, Gayl or Gaile Money
- Get involved
- Lloyd George Domesday Assessment
- World War I Research
- Jobs to do
- Old Town of Milton/Middleton Project
- Parish Boundary
- Milton Abbey
- Kelly’s Directories
- Field Names
- Family History
- Oral Histories
- Members section
- Programme of Meetings 2020 – 2021
- Notes of Meetings
- Database of Records
- Milton Abbas Documents
- Milton Abbas Churchwardens Accounts 1638 – 1805
- Milton Abbas in the 1950’s
- Architecture of Milton Abbas
- Duel between Vere, Earl Poulett and Joseph, Lord Milton January 1771
- Early Days at Milton Abbey School
- Milton Abbas Grammar School 400 Years
- Milton Abbas in the 18th Century
- Researching Settlement Examinations
- George Heywood Sumner 1873 – 1940
- A History of Celebrating the Christmas Period
- Peasant Life in Milton Abbas – serfdom and slavery?
- Current Archaeology, Aug 2020
- St James Clock
- Questionnaire Analysis
- Overlay of Woodward 1770 Survey on drone view of Milton Abbas
- List of Printed Documents for Members
- Dorset Brothers at War, Jessica Christian
- Transcription of Old Town Map Details D-919/5
- Transcriptions Churchwardens’ Accounts
- Overseers of the Poor Books
- MALHG Constitution